New York City Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Brooklyn Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Legal Advocacy for Catastrophic Injury Victims in New York
Spinal Cord Injuries and Brain Damage
If you or a family member has suffered a spinal cord injury or brain damage in a car accident, a construction accident, a slip and fall accident, premises accident or building accident, we understand the distress that you feel and the challenges you face. The short-term and long-term consequences of a spinal cord injury or a traumatic brain injury include:
- Costly medical bills and a lengthy rehabilitation process
- Financial suffering because of lost wages
- Intangible losses including pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of companionship
We understand your challenges, stresses and fears. While legal action will not bring back the carefree life you enjoyed before the accident, fair compensation can give you and your family a second chance at a life that you can adapt to and ultimately, learn to enjoy once again.
Preparing a claim or lawsuit on behalf of a catastrophic injury victim often involves collaboration with experts such as life care planners and economists. The time period between the accident and the conclusion of the lawsuit or claim is also a time of many questions for accident victims and their families.
We Are Here to Answer Questions and to Help You Obtain Compensation
The Law Offices of Nussin S. Fogel, a personal injury law firm in New York City, welcomes your inquiry. We are prepared to assist you in making decisions about the following:
- How much experience do we have with catastrophic injury claims?
- What happens if a family member has died as a result of the accident?
- How long will it take before you get your day in court?
- Why is it important to have an attorney represent an injured party instead of handling it on your own?
- What happens if you or caregiving family members miss work as a result of an accident?
- Do you have to pay out-of-pocket for any services?
- Will I get compensation for past and future lost wages, reimbursement of past and future medical expenses, or compensation for pain and suffering?
We can answer questions that are likely on your mind such as the following:
- How will you deal with medical bills and insurance forms?
- What kinds of adaptations will you need to live a life as nearly normal as possible? Will you need a wheelchair, a modified van, ramps entering your home or other home remodeling? Who will pay, and when?
- What happens if a treating physician will not accept your insurance or the insurance company denies benefits?
When a Car Crash or Pedestrian Accident Causes Spinal Cord Injury or Brain Damage
To work with a lawyer who will handle your case personally and work hard on your behalf after you have suffered a very serious injury in a New York City accident, contact the Law Offices of Nussin S. Fogel. Schedule a consultation by phone or e-mail.