Most people in New York City and the surrounding boroughs live in apartment buildings. With so many apartment buildings saturating the city skyline and dominating the city streets, this creates a lot of sidewalk real estate that apartment complexes are responsible for maintaining. For an unsuspecting pedestrian, unfortunately, even the negligence of one property manager can result in a devastating injury.
At the Law Offices of Nussin S. Fogel, our apartment sidewalk accident lawyers in New York City are here to help you recover compensation for your injuries that has resulted from someone else's negligence. We have the skill, experience and legal acumen to see your case through to a successful settlement or verdict.
Do you have a premises liability claim resulting from an apartment sidewalk accident? To schedule a free consultation, contact our firm today by calling us at 646-736-2777 or toll free at 888-391-8546.
Whether you are injured in front of an apartment building on a sidewalk or on a pathway around the side of the building or behind it, we can help you pursue a premises liability action against the building owner, the management and the maintenance companies. Our lawyers have experience handling cases involving:
- Failure to clear snow and ice from sidewalks and internal pathways, resulting in slippery surfaces
- Broken sidewalks, including uneven surfaces
- Cracks, holes and depressions
- Mats that are laid out on entranceways under awnings that are in disrepair, not tacked down properly, have upturned corners, or are wet and slippery
- Failure to post adequate warnings in hazardous areas where there is ongoing construction, a maintenance or repair
- Failure to remedy a slippery condition resulting from a spill, precipitation, or water leak
- Lack of proper lighting in pathways or other areas
Many of these conditions can easily cause a slip-and-fall accident to occur and a sidewalk injury to result. Our attorneys will build a case proving how the negligently maintained area led to your accident. We will demand all maintenance and repair records, surveillance tapes, names of contractors and other evidence that will prove how your accident happened.
We will also gather all the medical and hospital records that show the extent of your injuries, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. We will also obtain a medical narrative from your treating physician that will detail your medical history, complaints, medical findings and your inability to go back to work.