An apartment fire in New York City sent two people to the hospital on Christmas Day. But rescuers say the individuals were lucky to get out alive. The fire, which was mostly contained to the top floors of the building (located at on 19th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan) was so intense that FDNY officials were worried the strong winds might spread it to neighboring structures.
An apartment fire in Harlem left nine people injured and dozens more temporarily homeless earlier this week. The New York City apartment fire engulfed the top floors of a 6-story building at the corner of Broadway and 144th Street. The Five Alarm blaze required over 200 firefighters to get it under control as it burned for hours.
An early morning apartment fire in Queens sent three people to the hospital-including an infant and her mother-after a blaze erupted in the first-floor apartment of a Flushing apartment building. The fire broke out sometime around 2 in the morning on November 18th in a multi-resident unit at the Pomonok Houses on Parson's Boulevard near 65th Avenue.
All over the city people are being forced to live in life-threatening dangerous conditions in New York City public housing complexes. Multiple investigations have shown that residents have to live in wet, moldy apartments infested with pests with the threat of apartment fires and ceiling collapses and staircase accidents looming over their heads every day.
Last year, a gas leak contributed to the horrific deaths of eight individuals in a pair of New York City apartment buildings. The explosion and resulting apartment fire in Harlem left people's lives shattered. Now, the results of a months-long federal investigation show that the explosion never would have happened had two gas delivery pipes been properly attached to each other and if New York City had properly repaired a known underground utility failure.
An apartment fire in New York that broke out around midnight on New Year's Eve killed three family members living in an apartment in Queens. Over 100 firefighters and 25 units responded to the apartment fire in Queens. According to official reports Napoleon Michel, his wife Louise Jean-Charles, and Nadia Donnay (the couple's 37-year old cousin) all lived in the apartment.