New York Auto Accident Representation
What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident in New York City
When an auto accident happens, it’s not always easy to understand what steps to take to protect your rights. Once things settle down, you’ve had time to process what has happened and you’ve gotten medical treatment for any serious injuries, you can make informed decisions that will help you in the recovery process down the line.
At the Law Offices of Nussin S. Fogel, in New York, we can answer any of the questions that you have regarding your auto accident and will provide honest advice about your options for recovery. If you have a claim, we will go to work immediately and thoroughly investigate all aspects of your accident, including police reports and witness statements.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in New York, contact us and schedule a free initial consultation to talk about your rights. Call us toll free at 888-391-8546.
Steps to Take After an Auto Accident Has Happened
After an accident has happened, here are some of the steps you may take to improve your situation:
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver and take pictures of the scene with a disposable camera if you have one
- Record the names, addresses and other pertinent information from the other driver
- Get medical treatment for any serious injuries
- Review your insurance policy and make a list of questions, but do not admit fault or discuss your case in depth with your insurance company
- Talk with a lawyer about your rights
Take the Time to Protect Your Rights
If you have been involved in a car or other motor vehicle accident in New York, it is important that you speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Call our office toll free at 888-391-8546 to schedule a free consultation.