The winter season can be beautiful and is full of holidays that remind us of the things that are truly important in life. However, winter weather can be dangerous if you’re not prepared. Indeed, the storm system that swept through the country earlier this month has been blamed for at least three deaths and dozens of injuries. And while it may be impossible to completely avoid winter weather, you can minimize your risk for a debilitating seasonal accident in New York City with a little planning and forethought.
5 Tips to Stay Safe this Winter
- Be Aware-always pay attention to the weather forecast so you know when dangerous weather is headed your way
- Be Proactive-have all the necessities (bottled water, batteries, canned food) before the snow hits so you don’t have to go out in dangerous conditions
- Stay Inside-most seasonal accidents in New York City during the winter months result from slip and fall accidents on sidewalks or car accidents in which slippery conditions play a role. However, you also have to be aware of snow and ice falling from buildings above you whenever you’re surrounded by tall buildings. Such buildup falling from on high can be deadly!
- Charge Your Phone-always have a phone that’s ready in case you need it in an emergency. After a slip and fall accident or a car accident in New York City, seconds could literally be the difference between life and death. Being able to quickly call 911 could save a life.
- Know Your Rights-Even the best-laid plans sometimes fail. If you are injured:
- in a slip and fall accident on a New York City sidewalk
- by falling snow or ice
- by an out-of-control driver
You may be entitled to significant compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and unpaid medical expenses. However, you need an experienced seasonal accident attorney in New York City on your side as soon as possible. Call the Law Offices of Nussin S. Fogel at 800-734-9338 or 212-385-1122 today.